The IPAG laboratory in Grenoble is looking for a candidate for a 2 years renewable position as a calculation engineer starting January 1st, 2020. The candidate will be assigned to the IT department and will work with the research group of the MHDiscs project funded by the ERC (European Research Council) seeking to model the environment of young stars. As part of this project, we want to port the astrophysical fluid modeling code we have to heterogeneous computing architectures (GPU, Intel many cores, ARM) in order to be able to exploit the new computing machines available at the national (Large National Intensive Computing Equipment) and European (PRACE) levels.
The main task of the candidate will be to port this code, in direct contact with the researchers involved in the project. In order to facilitate maintenance, we will rely on the Kokkos C++ library, with which experiments have already been carried out in the laboratory. The candidate will also provide support to users, the drafting of documentation and the dissemination of the techniques used, in particular by presenting the performance and use of this new code in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences.
- GPU knowledge
- Good knowledge of numerical modelling and simulation
- A knowledge in fluid mechanics would be useful
- Proficient in C/C++ programming
- Proficient with distributed memory parallelism (MPI)
- A good knowledge in GPU (Cuda) programming would be welcome
- English read, spoken and written (level B2 CECRL or higher)
- Technological monitoring
- Demonstrate pedagogy
- Write documentation
Soft skills :
- Ability to communicate and transmit orally and in writing (reporting, follow-up)
Experience using an HPC platform on a local cluster or a national computing center would be welcome.
Degree : Engineering degree or doctoral thesis between 0 and 10 years of professional experience.
Monthly gross salary : Between 2 399 and 2 764 euros according to profile.
IPAG is a 150 person Joint Research Unit under the supervision of the CNRS and the University of Grenoble Alpes. IPAG will provide all the necessary resources (office, workstation, scientific environment) to carry out this work within the MHDiscs projet team.
The candidate will be able to benefit from various social advantages :
- Annual leave entitlement : 45 working days
- Working time : several modalities, possibility of teleworking under conditions
- Possibilities for subsidies : catering, public transport, extracurricular and cultural activites …
- Sports facilities
- Holiday vouchers
Recruitment requests should be sent to Mr. Geoffroy Lesur, by email to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org, before December 01, 2019.
Applications should be submitted through the CNRS website following this link.